Just a quick suggestion for renaming the new Light Gizmo Settings in View Menu

Started by Artbot, February 12, 2021, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artbot

It took me forever to find how to achieve this result.  I suggest the next update to Keyshot...in the View Menu-where it says Show Light Sources (L) It should be changed to say "Show Light Gizmo" or "Show Light Gizmo Handles". SInce either way the lights themselves are still on (which is what I want).  It was only that once I set the Spotlights positions, etc. it wasn't at all obvious how to hide the Gizmo handles.  And it would be a lot clearer to users (me included) if this was changed.

By the way, I love the new Gizmos and Light Manager features.
Thank you.

TGS808

It's been that way (using the L key to hide/show the representation of the light emitter) since long before Light Gizmos were even a such thing. I've never had a problem.

Artbot

This was meant as a constructive suggestion. Those in the know always know - good for you that you did already. But if software never changed, we'd be still using DOS and/or there wouldn't be new versions of Keyshot coming out annually. Those of us new to the inner workings of Keyshot should be able to (I hope) make a suggestion now and then that actually might make tools more useful across the board. I thought, in the interest of "improving" what may be fine for some, that which could easily be updated  -- for others like myself --  to make an existing tool description more aptly defined. Seeing as how the Light Gizmo is "new" I think the way it is defined in the menu should be improved, as I wrote earlier.

TGS808

New to the inner workings of KeyShot? Now I'm confused. You've been posting here since 2015 and using KS since at least version 6. In all that time, you never once pressed the "L" key?

Artbot

Again, just making a simple interface suggestion. here, Mate. No reason to get personal.

TGS808

Wasn't personal. I legit thought you were a new user because of your comment, amount of posts, and most of all because you said you were "new to the inner workings of KS". When I saw you had been using KS for at least five years I was surprised. That's all.