Linked animation bug or not? What do you think?

Started by yuri_ch, February 15, 2021, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuri_ch

Hi! I've just discussed it with KS support and the answer I got is that this behaviour with linked animation I've shown in my screen records is expected and works in a way it should be. So what do you think about it? There are two of my video records attached. But support team says they are not able to reproduce issue #2 described in file "ISSUE 2 with voice comments" and workflow described by me in "ISSUE 1 with voice comments" as a bug is not a bug and works as it should. So could you check it if this happens on your side? Thanks. By the way, right now I don't have access to my second PC that's why I'm not able to deactivate license there and run it on my current PC, so on screen records there is a Demo mode I'm working in but I get the same with my license too.

HaroldL

Hi yuri_ch,
I just replicated both of your videos on my computer using KeyShot v10.1 and did not see the results that you are seeing. In the first case changing the start time to 1 second moved both parts the start at 1 second and they rotated together. In the second case, when I deleted the animation from the anim window it deleted both the main anim and the linked animation.

One odd thing I did notice is that if I restored the deleted anim (Ctrl+Z) then the two anims were unlinked somehow and deleting the one in the animation window would not delete the linked anim of the second block. I was able to delete the anim from the Scene tree by RMB clicking on it and selecting Delete from the pop-up menu.

Sorry I have no solution for you but I might suggest there is something amiss with your installation. Is there a config file somewhere that could have been corrupted?

yuri_ch

Thanks for your reply. Shall I share some config file to inspect? If yes, then which one?

yuri_ch

By the way, I decided to fully delete keyshot and additionally manually clean these paths C:\Users\UserName\Documents\KeyShot, C:\ProgramData\Luxion\KeyShot folder, C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Luxion\KeyShot folder. After doing it I downloaded from the keyshot site full installer of the keyshot (version: 10.1.80) and run it as administrator. So all these typical steps did not do any help as long as the problems were not solved. I don't understand why are you getting not the same results as mine.

HaroldL

I ran my test on KS v 10.1.79 I wasn't aware there was an update till I read your reply. Sooo, I downloaded and installed update 10.1.80 and lo and behold I am now getting the same results you are in your videos.  :o I can't believe that is the way KS is supposed to work.

I don't know if there is a config file, I just stated that IF there is one maybe it is corrupted. But now seeing this behavior I think it is something that got introduced with the latest update. Luxion will have to figure that out.

Erik Williams

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
Our developers are looking into both of these issues and will have them solved as soon as possible.

If you run into any further issues or have any questions, you can either post them here or contact us at support@luxion.com.

Thank you again for your patience while we investigate these issues.