Library model unintentionally ends up being added on all model sets

Started by Higuchi, February 22, 2021, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Higuchi

Hi guys,

I guess this topic is what some of you have already experienced. When I add default geometry model to the scene, the model unintentionally ends up be added on all model sets, as you can see it through the attached image. I think it is bug which has been occurred since Keyshot9, isn' it? Due to this issue, I always have to delete all added model other than necessary one. I think there is almost no case that we want to add multiple models on all model sets, so I hope it will be improved soon.

By the way, possibly I've understood the rule, when I save original model set. Before adding to library model, I keep in mind to translate the model to new model set, not on "default". And, when I add it, even if there are multiple model sets, the model can be added as a single one on new registered model set. It looks perfect work flow.

Thank you,

INNEO_MWo

It is not a bug and work in another way. The workflow is simple:
Just show only the model sets that should contain the library model (double click on a thumbnail isolate a model set and hide all unlocked sets). I've never checked if solo mode works faster.
Also you can use the import feature (or drag the scene from the folder into the scene) to get access to all the import options, so you can choose the model sets and all the other ...

It is really that simple.

Hope that helps
CheerEO
Marco

P.S.: written with a mobile phone in short form

Higuchi

Thank you always, Macro

I got it. I could solve the issue, but I think it should be changed, shouldn't it? I guess no one have the situation that we want to add the model as plural on all model sets. I hope default user interface will be simpler.

Thank you,

INNEO_MWo

Glad that you find your workflow.

As general, if enough users will raise the hands and give a "+1", Luxion will listen and add an option. IMHO a RMB feature "import model with options" with a reduced import dialog could be implemented easily.

So, +1 from me.

CheerEO
Marco

Higuchi

I'm always glad that you are doing dedicated support!

By the way, is "+1" means specific service or system such as "Like"? How do someone express his or her opinion, just comment, right?

INNEO_MWo

As far as I understood this, +1 means an opinion like ,,same for me".

You'll see this phrase a lot if someone make suggestions or report a specific issue and another user noticed the same.