Keyshot PSD files arent showing proper thumbnail in Windows 10

Started by AdamAnt, March 01, 2021, 01:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamAnt

In my windows 10, i can preview PSD files with an alpha channel / layers just fine. ( i have installed Sagethumbs for this)

However, when I use Keyshot to export a render to a PSD file (with alpha channel).. The thumbnail only shows completely white..
I have tried multiple PSD settings (16 / 32 bit).. but I keep getting the same problem

Does anybody know why this is? Are keyshot PSD's different from PSD's that are created in Photoshop itself?

mattjgerard

Quote from: AdamAnt on March 01, 2021, 01:46:20 AM
In my windows 10, i can preview PSD files with an alpha channel / layers just fine. ( i have installed Sagethumbs for this)

However, when I use Keyshot to export a render to a PSD file (with alpha channel).. The thumbnail only shows completely white..
I have tried multiple PSD settings (16 / 32 bit).. but I keep getting the same problem

Does anybody know why this is? Are keyshot PSD's different from PSD's that are created in Photoshop itself?

I have had this same complaint, it appears that Keyshot does not save the thumbnail. I have sagethumbs as well, and that data is not in the file saved by KS. If you open and make some little change in the file, resave then boom it works. This is an issue with the way KS saves thumbnails for PSD files (it doesn't) and has been reported many times. If we make enough noise maybe they will fix it.