Concept Art SKetchbook @ Menog

Started by miguel2k, March 01, 2021, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel2k

Thank you!
Here's another one with Keyshot+Zbrush+Photoshop

miguel2k

This one has a lot more paint and less obvious 3d render than the others, but it was also done with Keyshot!

miguel2k

EmperorHamHam

Nice!  I like the painterly yet realistic look you have achieved here Menog, well done and thank you for sharing.

Josh3D

Yeah, love seeing your new work. Such a great style you've got going on.

Zeltronic

mousek

Very nice stuff. Your concepts are from your brain / imagination or you have a script? How is your setup? (HW+SW). You have on your webpage that you are traveler between 3 cities. Are you have a laptop or pc or macbook? ... Thank you. Peter

miguel2k

Hello!
Thanks everyone.

@mousek: The concepts are a mix, often starting with an idea from imagination, but then I research and validate it before executing it. Look at reference, read articles on the matter, and such. Brainstorm and only then execute.
I appreciate the visit to my site, and my setup follows like:
- Macbook pro for working on the go, whenever my assignments are more centric in 2D workflows, and I usually stay in my workstation/desktop, whenever the job requires a long term commitment, effort, or has a lot of things a Mac isn't the most efficient at, such as 3D.
Software, Im of course using keyshot, zbrush, photoshop, and starting to teach myself some blender lately.
Hope it helps!

miguel2k

Here's another one that I dont think I posted yet :)

Zeltronic

miguel2k

Thank you!
For the folks who've inquired about the process, I'm releasing a course soon and I'd like to invite you for the preorder :)
https://www.menogcreative.com/realistic-character-design-for-games

You'll learn how to create realistic character design, focusing on storytelling, using depth psychology and other tools.
Modeled after popular demand and a survey of what people have been asking me to cover, this  course includes a 8 Chapter Series of a total of 30+ lessons on how to  design believable game characters, stories, character development and  more!

dopepope

Outstanding work! Great to see that kind of stuff around here. I'm just getting into the forums here, even tho I've been using Keyshot for a few years now.

miguel2k

Thanks! I'll look into more things to post later, in the meantime here's a backplate test :P

RRIS

Wow you almost had me fooled with that last image (mainly because I assumed it would be a render), but that looks dope! The right foot doesn't seem planted though, with a bit of shade under it you could tell me it's a photograph of a clay model and I'd believe it.

miguel2k

True! I missed that, I think it went below the invisible ground plane of Keyshot! :)