Keyshot 2 Pro Crashing Rendering Poster Size

Started by Zander85, November 15, 2011, 08:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

I need to render some Tiff files (with 32bit alpha) at roughly these dimensions: 62.496 inches by 62.496 for a poster ad. Keyshot 2 Pro crashes every time I try and render an image with dimensions this large. Keyshot 2 Pro is not supposed to be limited by dimensions this big. Also I was planning on rendering these images at 300DPI.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? ???

KeyShot

Try to render to the exr format. You are probably running out of memory rendering to the tiff image. EXR is written to disk as it is rendering, and you can render images of any resolution.

-- Henrik

Zander85

Henrik,
Thank you for the help but I am trying to render 18k x 18k pixels to an EXR format and the program just crashes as soon as I hit render.

:-[

Zander85

I called Chad at Luxion about this issue as well. He thought it might be the ram that was the issue but when he tried to render on his machine with 12gigs of ram her had the same issue. I am currently rendering a fresh "test" scene in KS3 Pro with only a teapot in the scene. It seems to be having little trouble rendering an EXR with an alpha at 18,000 x 9,000 pixels. I am starting to wonder if it has anything to do with using HDR Light Studio.

Anyone know of any issues within a scene file that would cause a crash when rendering files really large like this?

Zander85

I was just using Keyshot 2.3 Pro and it seemed to start rendering my original scene just fine but shortly after starting to render (18k x 18k pixels) I saw my processor spike up to 100% in the windows task manager and keyshot just crashed after that spike. Any help with getting this scene to render in a large format would be really helpful guys.

Zander85

Something seems wrong. As soon as I start up Keyshot,(any version) my CPU usage in the Windows Task Manager jumps to 99%. Anyone else having this problem?

KeyShot

Any chance you could try rendering the file in KeyShot 3?

-- Henrik

Zander85

I have the same problem in Keyshot 2.3 Pro. I can't get my scene to render much larger than 10k pixels by 10k pixels without the program crashing before 1%. Yet I can Render the tea pot sample scene in Keyshot 3 much larger than 10k by 10k without it crashing. I have even tried importing my object into the scene that was working (the tea pot scene). And I was able to render out at large resolutions but as soon as I re-applied my original materials, KS 3 (KS 2 crashes as well) crashes when I try to render.

Zander85

Is there anybody successfully rendering images beyond 11,000 pixels by 11,000 pixels?

Robb63

Just tried a test render overnight. It is a very complex assembly of production data (ribs and bosses for production in the data) imported from Solidworks. It did render at 11500x11500. I saved it as a .exr file

I'm ran it on my Alienware Aurora i7-920 (3.66GHz), 6GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

No crashes, rendered just fine.

PhilippeV8

I have the same issue ... it just won't start rendering ... even to EXR !  It gives me out of memory errors.  I'm still on 2.2.65

DonChunior

Dear KeyShot team,

would it maybe be good, if the size of the pagefile will be increased?

Regards, DonChunior