Render Cropping?

Started by trey182, November 14, 2011, 08:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trey182

Is there a way to crop or select only a portion of the camera view and render just the selection? I would like to do this without making changes to the camera. So many times I render out products that we would like to see slight variations of features on the product and instead of rendering out several full sized high quality renderings for each I would like to be able to render one really high res rendering, bring the individual features in as another model (giving me the ability to turn them off and on while the rest of the product remains) and render them individually by selecting only a portion of the shot to render. Then I would be able to combine them quickly in Photoshop saving me a ton of time.

Also, this is another small request... (it might be in 3... I am not sure) but is there a way to redo any material changes once they have been undone in the Edit/Undo feature without having to manually make the changes back again? Forgive me if the answer is blatantly obvious. I just haven't been able to find it yet. BTW, I am very impressed with Keyshot and we plan to upgrade to 3 soon.

PhilippeV8

if you go to the render window, the most right tab page has the option you're looking for .. just enable the checkbox and you'll get a selection box over your render which you can re-size to your liking .. the render you'll get will have plane black outside the box.

trey182

What version are you using to achieve this? I am not seeing what you are talking about. Please be more specific.

Robb63

It's called Region Rendering, I think it might only be in the Pro version

trey182

Ahhh ok that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

PhilippeV8

Thnx Robb ... I didn't have KS on that computer I was on last night and the name got away from me :p
Indeed, only in Pro.

gypephyhoks

Some more detail of the phenomenea. see attached. Render settings are the same in each image only difference is altitude of the camera which is why i think its some kind of clipping tolerance, help?

PhilippeV8

We would help if you didn't forget to attach .. ;)