Caustics Series (latest; No.008 - Deep Dive - Page 2)

Started by DMerz III, March 16, 2021, 07:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Going to start a new personal work challenge for myself involving caustics in an effort to further hone my knowledge and abilities there to control this phenomenon.
Will be continuously updating this thread with the latest.

Here's No.001

DMerz III

Back with next experiment in the series - this time adding in some motion.

Goals for this piece;
- try out some movement (slight-elastic type motion) on the refractive object
- experiment with colorful lights and understand their effect
- trying out multiple light sources to 'paint' the room with the caustics

Here's the short animation + a still frame.

DMerz III

:) No.003 is another animation; you can see it here on youtube; https://youtu.be/x-PuRQrS500

Learned quite a bit during this exploration.
Here's a couple of stills from the animation;

Josh3D

Just wow. These look INCREDIBLE, David. And the animations!

designgestalt

Absolutely awesome, David !!
very impressive !!!

cheers
designgestalt

DMerz III

:) Thanks you guys, been learning a lot with these little exercises, hopefully I can keep up with it!

KristofDeHulsters

Maybe this is NFT material? They look so awesome!

DMerz III

:D Glad you like it, hopefully I'll have some more coming in the near future here, flurry of client work at the moment. TO BE CONTINUED!

DMerz III

Working on No.004 - currently rendering the frames. Here's one of them - just straight-up out of KS10.

Hopefully will have the animation up soon.

abedsabeh

Quote from: DMerz III on April 09, 2021, 03:16:24 PM
Working on No.004 - currently rendering the frames. Here's one of them - just straight-up out of KS10.

Hopefully will have the animation up soon.

That is AWESOME! I love it  :)

Hossein Alfideh

DMerz III

And here we go with the full-animation. It does loop, although haven't figured out if that's possible on youtube yet.  ::)

So this one deals with a continuous curiosity of mine - optical lenses. I think they're so cool, and I wish I knew more about them, so I've been studying up on the principals and....quickly got over my head with it. But I did want to attempt something that dealt with what I had gathered and this was the result of my playing around. Probably will be an on-going theme in my caustics series as I think there is just so much to explore here!

https://youtu.be/LbUC2vLFk-I <-- link to the animation.

Attached is another still frame with a tighter shot.

seal5326

Genius work keyshot is the best caustics renderer i have seen for a while! with spectral capability

INNEO_MWo

I can watch this animation in an endless loop with some relaxing music all day long. Great job!

designgestalt

absolutely amazing !!!
I already liked the stills, but this is breathtaking!!
it is not only the result, but one can see, that there is a lot of thinking behind it !!!

masterpiece!

cheers
designgestalt