How to view remaining render time?

Started by archz2, April 06, 2021, 03:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archz2

How can I view the time which is remaining before the render completes? Keyshot by default shows the render time which has elapsed in a render. I have Keyshot 10. I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit.

Moreover, is there a way that some notification sound or message pops up after render queue or a single render completes?

HaroldL

I haven't tested render queue yet but if I render in default mode I get a Windows sound when the render is done. I've tested both default and background render. I think it may be a Windows setting, check if you have sounds turned on for your computer. (Settings>Notification & actions)

KristofDeHulsters

What HaroldL said is indeed correct.

In terms of seeing how long your render takes to complete: it is not possible to see how long it takes to finish the render in Keyshot. I usually let it run for 5-10 minutes to see what sample count the render reaches and make a rough calculation when it will finish based on that. Usually for multiple shots in the same environment it will take similar times to finish the images.

archz2

Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on April 11, 2021, 05:59:12 PM

In terms of seeing how long your render takes to complete: it is not possible to see how long it takes to finish the render in Keyshot. I usually let it run for 5-10 minutes to see what sample count the render reaches and make a rough calculation when it will finish based on that. Usually for multiple shots in the same environment it will take similar times to finish the images.

Okay. What exactly is your calculation process? In the bottom right I can see the sample and the time but how to calculate the tentative completion time using this data?

HaroldL

Compare the size of the final render to the real time render. IF the final render is 4 times larger than the real time render expect the final render to take 4 times longer to get acceptable results. You may still end up adjusting the time depending on what you get as final but that will get you in the ball park.

TGS808

If knowing when it will end is the most important thing to you, don't use Max Samples. Instead, use Max Time, where you can tell it how long you want it to render for. The image may or may not come out as good as it would using Max Samples (depending to how long you set if for) but you'll know exactly when it'll be done.

KristofDeHulsters

Quote from: archz2 on April 12, 2021, 12:03:05 AM
Quote from: KristofDeHulsters on April 11, 2021, 05:59:12 PM

Okay. What exactly is your calculation process? In the bottom right I can see the sample and the time but how to calculate the tentative completion time using this data?

In this case: if you set the render to 1000 samples, you would know that 1000 samples /+-25 samples = 40, then you 40*20s = 800s= 13.33 min. I hope it helps!

robertvincent

DerekCicero

Here is a Quick Tip that explains how to use the Real Time View and Heads Up display + Render Region to quickly determine the right sample count and general rendering time for your image.

KeyShot Quick Tip: Determining Render Samples