Studio-R4 | Surface Satellites Collection

Started by br3ttman, April 09, 2021, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

I've been a KeyShot user since the first day Luxion launched this software.  As an Industrial Designer, KeyShot has enabled me to deliver hundreds of compelling product concepts in consumer, medical, ruggedized, digital, industrial and commercial spaces.  But because of confidentiality agreements, I've never been able to publicly share my client renderings and animations.  Meanwhile, I've learned from so many other designers and artists on this forum, and have wanted to return the inspiration. 

Over the past few years, I began exploring product art concepts that re-envision and/or repurpose common and often mundane objects into new purposes, or product "afterlives". The following concepts are part of one of my Studio-R4 ("Reclaim, Restore, Repurpose") collections:  Surface Satellites. 

So thank-you to the KeyShot community for all your years of sharing!  Hopefully, some of these are an inspiration to you, as you look "beyond the common" in your explorations.  Cheers!

I call this first one:  New Wineskin

br3ttman

The LED tail lights are a challenge.  I like this earlier study a little better.  I'm using "point lights" for the LED's, and could use some guidance on lumens, render time, denoise, and fireflies.  I find I like the feel of fewer samples with greater denoise, but want longer render times for the rest of the scene.

br3ttman

Here's another concept from my Surface Satellites collection:  a "Modified 55" oil drum.  After years of my Sons' Cub Scout Pinewood Derby's, Pixar Animation story lines, "Back to the 50's" car shows, and rummaging through old junk piles and collectibles stores, these ideas started emerging:

Josh3D

So great to hear how the community has helped, Brett! And glad to see some more of your personal work on here. I recall some previous posts with a whiskey barrel!