Yacht Animation

Started by Arcadia, April 20, 2021, 10:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcadia

Hello everyone

I state that I am not so experienced in the use of Keyshot.
I would like to ask if it is possible to create an animation like the one in the attachment.
Is there any possibility of making water in motion with foam?
Thank you

designgestalt

hello Arcadia,

definitely: No!
sorry to say, but Keyshot is a render program, not an animation program!
You can make some basic animations in KS in terms of changing the position of objects (sliding, moving, rotating etc.) and some more basic stuff, but an animation like this needs to be done in a program like Cinema4D, Houdini or Blender... something that allows you to create fluid animations. But to do it in the way like in your example is not an easy task!
Once you have the animation calculated, you can import it into KS and render it there.

There might also be the possibilty to use the footage you have and "mask" your model on top of the exisiting ship and do all the retouch in After Effects, but this is not an easy task as well...

sorry for that ...

cheers
designgestalt

Arcadia

Thanks designgestalt
I figured I was asking too much, but not being very experienced in animation programs I was hoping there was a possibility.
But I would like to at least try to make a short test animation.
Which route would you recommend me to use?
I have the 3D model created with Rhino and rendered, in a static way, with Keyshot; for a first test do you recommend me to use Blender, Cinema 4D or Houdini?

designgestalt

hello Arcadia,
that kind of animation is a tough start ...
I would recommend to use Blender, as this is an open source software and there are a lot of tutorials on youtube to get started...
although I doubt, you will find something that specific.... but give it a try...
Cinema4D is for sure powerful and there is a lot of tutorials out there as well, but you have to pay for it ...
Houdini makes very nice animations, especially when it comes to fluids, but I found the access very hard, as this is a node based program, which pushed me of after a few days of try and error...
so my first choice would be Blender ...

cheers
designgestalt

Arcadia

Hi designgestalt

thanks for the advice
I'll start with Blender

cheers