Teleporte body on 3D model

Started by DavidO, May 06, 2021, 12:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidO

Hello,

I'm working for boat design agency and it's not exactly same constain as automotive or architecture models.

I would like to teleport my body in all the deck of the boat but I'm snap to the ground plane and not oh deck.
To start I create viewpoint/cameras in good eyes level but I'm not free enouth of my mouvements.

Are there a way to define surfaces where I can walk around ?
On steps, or differents levels for exemple ?

I join an illustration to show where I would like to teleporte myself.

Thanks

Jan Simon

Hi DavidO,

you are currently limited to setting up different cameras and switching between them (this will change the ground plane to the floor under the selected camera) or our fly mode.

We are looking into three-dimensional teleporting in the future.

Mario Stockinger

Thats a feature we wouls also request.

Our Company builds Production plants with a lots of layers and teleporting with cameras is a mess.....

It would be great if teleporting could snap to 3D Objects, maybe you can define this "Snap" Objects in Keyshot simmilar you do with cutaway and exclusions ?

DavidO

Hello,

I come back here to know if there are any new content to reply to my issues ?

Best regards

Jan Simon

We have not introduced this new feature yet, but the workaround I suggested (with a couple of KeyShot cameras in your scene) should work well for the use case in your image. Have you tried that?

DavidO

Yes, I already tried this solution and it work. But according to me that's still not the best way to work in the 3D.
Do you plan to add it soon ?