What is "KeyShot Studio"?

Started by Speedster, May 06, 2021, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all!
Just got an email from Luxion announcing the new "KeyShot Studio".  What exactly is it?  Is it a stand-alone subsidiary of Luxion/KeyShot that will compete with the KeyShot user base, and in the same arena?
Bill G

HaroldL

Are you sure they weren't talking about the Studios that are available in KeyShot Pro?
Was there a link in the email that goes to a site that explains it in detail or shows an example?

Speedster

Yes.  The link is www.keyshotstudios.com.  That's what confused me.   It appeared that KeyShot had created a new Forum,  but it actually  appears a separate entity/company.  Puzzling...
Bill G

Eric Summers

I swear I've seen a post on the forum about it but can't find it at the moment. It's being run by Tim Feher and someone else (totally blanking on who right now). There is some direct association to KeyShot, if I'm not mistaken.

designgestalt

Is it a stand-alone subsidiary of Luxion/KeyShot that will compete with the KeyShot user base, and in the same arena?

yes, Speedster, it seems to be exactly this...
that is indeed awkward ..!!

designgestalt

DerekCicero

Over the years we have gotten a lot of requests from companies to help them with their KeyShot needs. Sometimes it's showing them them how to set up the more advanced features like Configurations, doing user training, or working on a project that is beyond their current resources. It's a separate company from Luxion.