Animation - sync start and end times.

Started by jhiker, June 16, 2021, 07:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

It's not easy to get the start and end times to coincide when dragging animations around the timeline. Syncing start and end times manually for many animations is tiresome.
It would be helpful to be able to Ctrl-click several animations, right-click and 'sync start time'/'sync end time' or 'group start/end time' or something similar.
If there's a way to do this already I am unaware.
Thanks

Jackleo

theAVator

Not sure if this is what you're going for, but if you ctrl-click all the animations you want to move, you can then shift-drag the animations and they will snap to the other animations in the timeline. You can also shift-grab an edge (front or back) and then drag and it will snap to the other animations in the timeline. The only caveat is that if the animations you grabbed have all different start or end times, they will scale proportionally, so you might have to select certain ones that already align. So, useful but not all encompassing.

The other thing you can do is ctrl/shift click all the animations in the timeline you want to sync, and then in the time settings you can manually enter the start/end/duration setting(s) and it will apply to all selected.

I guess neither one is exactly what you're looking for, but maybe a middle ground to help speed things up a little bit versus manually editing each one separately.  I like the recommendation, although to implement it they would need to set up a way to select the target you want to sync to, or operate in some way like the format painter in Office products where you select a target click the button which copies the settings from that item and then you would paint/paste those settings onto the selected animations. Can maybe throw that suggestion in the Wish List board and see if you can get some up-votes for it. They tend to implement the changes if they get enough feedback in support.

jhiker

Quote from: theAVator on June 17, 2021, 07:39:43 AM
The other thing you can do is ctrl/shift click all the animations in the timeline you want to sync, and then in the time settings you can manually enter the start/end/duration setting(s) and it will apply to all selected.

This makes life easier - I was unaware you could do that. Thanks for taking the time.....