Favorites Folder locked?

Started by Morgan, June 09, 2021, 02:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Hi all,

after the update, is there a reason because all favorites folders are locked
or is there a solution how can I unlock it?

PhilipTh

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
A possible workaround for now, is to set your KeyShot to English in your preferences. While this still shows the folders as locked, it seems to still be fully functional.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Morgan

Thank you Phillip Th for the quick answer and the help,
I can assign the contents of the folders in German or English to a Keyshot file,
but I cannot move them to the other folders whether in German or English.

PhilipTh

Hello Morgan,

I just tested this, and it doesn't seem to have been a function in 10.1 either?
When you say "Move them to the other folders", I assume you then mean just dragging and dropping a material from one favorites folder to another favorites folder.

Morgan

Hello PhilipTh,

thank you very much for your efforts.
"I assume you then mean just dragging and dropping a material from one favorites folder to another favorites folder."
yes completely correct.

In 10 it worked for me, indeed Keyshot 10 was a completely new installation on a brand new PC.

It was just a lack of time and this time I used the internal update inside of keyshot and not the update from https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/ and not the Update Installer,
because there was the matter with the https://support.pixologic.com/article/466-keyshot-10-2-live-link-error but Keyshot works perfectly in both ways.

Or should I uninstall KeyShot 10.2 to replace it with a completely fresh installation?

Erik Williams

We have noticed an issue in the platform where you cannot add items to the library in other languages besides English.
Even then the Library folder will remained locked.

We are working on a hotfix that will solve this issue that we will be releasing next week.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

Morgan

Dear Williams,

thanks for the reply, one question, when the fixes are released what is better,
should we uninstall KeyShot 10.2 to replace it with a completely fresh installation or just update?

Erik Williams

Just to be 100% sure, I would run a fresh installation of KeyShot once the hotfix is available.