Main Menu

Option to mix environments

Started by Metin Seven, June 16, 2021, 02:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metin Seven

Hi,

I'd love to be able to mix multiple HDRI environments, with blending modes like Normal, Add, Multiply, Soft Light, etc., and an Opacity slider / value.

That would enable Keyshot users to create interesting blends of two or more HDR images that yield a better result when combined.

Thanks!

DMerz III

Cool idea, wondering if you've tried playing with image pins in the HDRI editor? You can drop in HDRI images as a pin and move them around there. Not sure if that's something that would work for you. I do this currently with some high-dynamic captures of photo studio lights to get some extra realism in my custom environments.

Metin Seven

Thanks, that sounds like an interesting temporary workaround.

INNEO_MWo

Photoshop can read HDR files. So you can use every fancy blend option and save the result as HDR or EXR. These files can be used as a background image in the HDRI editor. And you have the flexibility to add pins on top.

Metin Seven

That's an option, but it would be much more convenient to be able to drag and drop multiple HDRIs into the Environment dialog, then set opacity and blend mode, rotate each environment individually, and keep it all non-destructive as a part of your Keyshot file.

Zeltronic

Well not sure that it will be very convenient as HDRI are most of the time huge files (especially 24k & 16k), so processing several of then could consume keyshot resources a lot , In another hand keyshot is not a dedicaded images traitment software and in most of cases should be far less efficient than photoshop... :)

Metin Seven

Then I'd say: have the Keyshot scene reference the HDRI images externally. :)

Metin Seven

By the way, is everyone already a member of the Keyshot Discord:)