Keyshot shutting down whenever trying to split object surfaces

Started by jet1990, June 14, 2021, 04:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

as the title states, ever since upgrading to the latest version 10.2, whenever i try to split object surfaces the entire program crashes and closes.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

TGS808

That doesn't happen for me. No shut down, no crash. It launches split object surfaces and lets me do it. I'm running KS on Mac, FYI.

Synje Andersen

Hello jet1990,

We couldn't observe this on our systems. If you still have this problem, I suggest you contact support@luxion.com. Please remember to provide a detailed step by step description on how to reproduce this and a sample file.

Synje

INNEO_MWo

I had this problem in beta phase. I suggest to use the latest full installer setup 10.2.104 and re-install KeyShot. You can also check the graphic driver in case if the OpenGL shader in the split tool window cause the issue.

Good luck!

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

P.S. written in short form on a mobile device

jhiker

I didn't have a crash.. but the part I split into two whizzed off somewhere from it's original location and I had to go hunt for it and move it back manually - a bit of a pain, to be honest.

Erik Williams

Hello,
If you could please send the following information to support@luxion.com, our support team will look into this matter for you:
Computer make and Specs:
        Manufacturer (Dell, Toshiba, HP, etc..)
        Windows/Mac OS version
        Graphics Card model
        Processor model
    Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.1.80)
    CAD Software and version or year (if applicable)
    Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing
        Open KeyShot scene
        Go to Project, Camera and add a Camera
        etc...
    Screenshot(s) showing the issue that you are seeing
    A .ksp file of your scene

Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards,

Erik Williams

Customer Support