Keyshot 3 animation improvements

Started by mholper, November 23, 2011, 09:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mholper

1. I am really enjoying the new animation capabilities of Keyshot 3, but I constantly notice myself running into problems when trying to animate STEP files with a large number of parts. Hierarchy of the part structure is not present in the STEP files I'm using such that there are no assemblies and sub-assemblies. This makes animation of two components that should stay together very difficult and animated rotation causes the two parts to animate in different ways (even if their end positions are correct). I would like to have a way of temporarily grouping parts together for an animation. This way I can make sure that their relative position is maintained during the animation.

2. I would like to have the same controls (rotation handles and translation handles) when animating and when simply moving objects in the scene. (Currently the animation parameters are set by sliders, but I'm sure this can also be done inside the scene.

3. I would like to have an alpha channel that can be animated such that I can temporarily hide and show components. Alpha can also make for an easy way of showing inner components of a part without having to change the actual material properties.

4. I would like to have a little bit more control over the easing in and out of object movement. In iMovie volume can be set easily by dragging a line in time. I really like this as it helps me with the timing.

5. For true animation I think that wireframe animation could easily speed up the animation process as well. Especially when animating large assemblies

Parnma

I agree that the animation needs to improve

Speedster

I'll add my 5 cents-

1)  Ability to drag reorder animates in the tree to make it easier to maintain a smooth timeline against the storyboard.

2)  Phantom grid lines, horizontal between animates and vertical at 2 second increments.

3)  Ability to remove one or more animates from folders, and/or dissolve folders.  Now the only option is to delete.

4)  Most important!  Ability to create Reciprocating Motions, like a piston, connecting rod and crankshaft.

5)  Ability for Animation to recognize mates that were created in the native CAD.

Bill G