88 MPH - Polycarbonate DeLorean Time Machine

Started by Ofir Gardy, July 22, 2021, 12:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ofir Gardy

Ever since I was a child back in the 80's I've had an issue with this specific one. Trying to build it (seriously, for real, convincing fellow kids it was really possible and we should all do what it takes).

Fast-forward a couple of decades - and here is a good chance to make it - 80's style (at least in my opinion).
The BTFF DeLorean, Super-icon of the 80's era in a mesh-up of Gameboy+ClearLegos.

Ever since the last release of KS, and it's speedy jaw-dropping caustics engine, I fell in love with the glossy polycarbonate and been researching it on several occasions in different environments and projects.

But this one is pure fun.

More renderings here (behance)
https://www.behance.net/gallery/123952259/Shiny-Time-Machine-DeLorean

More experiments here (insta)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRoiRQ7MT_z/

Thanks!
linktr.ee/ofirgardy

KristofDeHulsters

This doesn't look like Lego's though? Either way, definitely something different, pretty cool!

Ofir Gardy

Thank you :-)

Meant the clear-Lego's bricks which are made from Polycarbonate – A rigid transparent plastic which is used for clear and colored transparent LEGO brick

As opposed to the ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Styrene) of the classic opaque brick

KristofDeHulsters

Quote from: Ofir Gardy on July 22, 2021, 01:01:43 PM
Thank you :-)

Meant the clear-Lego's bricks which are made from Polycarbonate – A rigid transparent plastic which is used for clear and colored transparent LEGO brick

As opposed to the ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Styrene) of the classic opaque brick

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying. Looks really cool, could you share some Lego projects as well?

Josh3D

Next level cool, right here. Love it. There is some tessellation in the curved/rounded bits that take a little away from the smooth PC appearance. Overall though, really digging this!

Ofir Gardy

Yes, and I will probably elevate/enhance the model some more... since this is non-commercial project it's a bottomless pit :-).
There's more to be done.