RGB window names

Started by Morgan, July 29, 2021, 03:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Hi all,
In the menu, the color names and colors for RGB are wrong.

DMerz III

Actually not an error, though it seems unintuitive if you're not sure what you're seeing.

The slider for each 'channel' changes dynamically based on 'where you are' in the spectrum currently, and it shows you where the color will go if you were to slide of those colors to the left.

For instance, try sliding the red color there to the left, and you will see your color selection should be closer to cyan. It's giving you a preview of what channel to tweak to move in a certain direction.

It's also why all the sliders look 'white' on the right end of each channel, since in RGB - 255 for all 3 channels = white.

This is a good reason why RGB is a much less intuitive color selector compared to the HSV picker (my personal pref). It's good to have RGB inputs of course, but I find it less useful unless I have specific values already in hand.

INNEO_MWo

I guess that the name of the color dialog is translated in German and on the other side it is named in English. Luxion forgot to rename the dialog window.

Morgan

yes, you can put it that way or It's about the displayed  colors, if I want a correct color I use color fans or whatever the customer would like ral, pantone, etc. I meant it differently I'm interested in the display to see the first color red, green, blue and then the color is a hue of a secondary color (a shade of cyan, magenta or yellow) and not red = cyan, green = magenta or blue = yellow.

INNEO_MWo

did you ever changed the settings of the color dialog?

Morgan

The descriptions and colors are correct for all other color scales.

TGS808

Push the sliders to the left. Does seeing it that way make you feel better?

Morgan

unfortunately all objects are then black.

TGS808

It seems you don't fully understand how the color picker works as, nothing about it is broken. Regardless, as DMerz III said, you're  better off using the HSV picker anyway as it's the superior option.

Morgan

Quote from: Morgan on July 29, 2021, 10:36:35 PM
... if I want a correct color I use color fans or whatever the customer would like ral, pantone, etc. ...

and what I wrote above? no word about the use of RGB!

INNEO_MWo

Perhaps you can start over and explain the problem.
The color dialog enables to define any color in 8Bit.
The RAL and Pantone colors can be found in the library. Any color can be defined using RGB values. Tweaking a Color can be easily done with HSV. Additional you'll find grey scale, Kelvin values and CMYK (which I don't use in KeyShot)

TGS808

Quote from: Morgan on August 08, 2021, 02:24:24 AM
and what I wrote above? no word about the use of RGB!

If you don't actually use the RGB color picker for your work, what is the issue?

Morgan

why do you think you know what I know and what not, something like that is extremely rude!

I've been working with Photoshop since 1990, Adobe (ACC) gets them right, so this should be followed.

INNEO_MWo

I guess that here's a huge misunderstanding in this forum post!

Photoshop provides a huge color palette with different classes like Pantone and so on. Similar to Photoshop, KeyShot has some (not all) examples in the color tab of the library. Every RAL, Pantone, etc. color are described by RGB values.
So on one hand KeyShot enables the definition of a color in 24 Bit via the color dialog. And on the other hand, in the library are some classes like RAL, Pantone, FED-Std and some others.

If you're missing some Pantone or other colors, that can be found in Photoshop but not in KeyShot, you can copy the web code of the color (that way is easier then using the RGB values) and paste it into KeyShot's color dialog (RGB section). For easy re-use, you can save these colors in a custom palette.

Nobody wants to be rude to you. Every user in this helpful forum, tries to help other users.

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

TGS808

Quote from: Morgan on August 09, 2021, 02:13:10 AM
I've been working with Photoshop since 1990, Adobe (ACC) gets them right, so this should be followed.

The RGB sliders in Photoshop and Illustrator work exactly the same way as the RGB sliders in KeyShot.