Adding a geometry in KeyShot after alembic animation import is a killer.

Started by abedsabeh, August 02, 2021, 03:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Hello guys!

I imported an alembic deformed animation from Maya. First of all, it took a while to import a 20 sec animation, you should consider improving the speed of the import while other programs are really quick by doing that. My second issue here is when adding a primitive geometry °sphere° from keyshot, it calculates again all the information of the alembic file and the full scene...etc,. and it goes again after adding another geometry. I think there should be a solution for that. For me it is a bit annoying and time consuming, maybe a bug you should be aware of? Thank you!

Cheers!
Abed

DriesV

Hi Abed,

What version of KeyShot are you using?

"it calculates again all the information of the alembic file and the full scene"
Can you perhaps share a video capture of what you are seeing?

Dries

abedsabeh

Quote from: DriesV on August 03, 2021, 12:14:28 AM
Hi Abed,

What version of KeyShot are you using?

"it calculates again all the information of the alembic file and the full scene"
Can you perhaps share a video capture of what you are seeing?

Hi Dries!

It is the latest update on Windows. For sure I will share a video capture, maybe tonight.

Thanks Dries!
Abed

Dries

abedsabeh

Hi Dries, this is the project that I am working on. So it has displacement on 4 objects, the 3 legs, the head and the snakes. I Imported the file as an alembic animation with deformation. I applied the displacement and enabled the node so all of them are there and I saved the file. Next step I went to add a square and here what happens. I have to wait for some time to load and if I cancel the import KeyShot always crashes on hitting cancel for an order you do. It seem it doesn't like the cancel button. Attached is a record video that I will send to your direct message. It has some confidential personal work.

Cheers!
Abed

INNEO_MWo

I guess that working with model sets might help?! So you can hide some model sets and import the new blocks into empty model sets. Maybe this workflow is a bit quicker?!?!