Issue with IES and spot lights

Started by nosaj462, August 04, 2021, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosaj462

When I make any object and apply a light to it, if I move the light closer to the object nothing changes it just stays consistently the same, it's constant.  If I switch to an area light it behaves somewhat as expected but still extremely hot.  My object isnt super small, scale seems to be right. What am I missing here.  I'm using version 9.3.14

if I bring in an old keyshot scene from an older version, all lights behave as expected.  However, if I create a new scene I have all kinds of issues with lights.  I can even copy these light settings one to one from the old scene where they work, and they are completely broken in 9.3.14.  I forget what version of keyshot I made this scene in, it was roughly 2-2.5 years ago, but the lights behave completely differently.  I can't seem to get basic lighting to look correct in this.  All the lights I apply are extremely blown out.  Basically for me to work, I have to always open an old scene and start with that.  I can't get anything to look remotely correct using lights from a new scene.  Im working with no environment HDRI, just black, and one light to get a moody piece of something coming out of the dark. 

Im willing to bet this is 100% user error, but I am completely baffled here......

KristofDeHulsters

You're going to have to share the package file for us to find where the problem is!