Main Menu

Adaptive Move Tool

Started by temujin, August 08, 2021, 09:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temujin

Would be great if the real-time move tool stayed centred to the screen when zooming in to a part that I'm trying to move, as opposed to staying centred to the part. When I'm moving larger parts but need to zoom in tight to align specific features such as holes in the part, the move tool goes off screen and I have to adjust using numerical values, which is not as quick or ideal.

Not sure if this could be implemented or an alternative solution to remedy this problem.

INNEO_MWo

You can use the pivot feature of a near by part. For example. Part A has to be moved, choose a small part (B) near by the area, where part A should be located and use it as a pivot. If necessary, use global orientation. Now tiny movements are much easier.

temujin

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on August 08, 2021, 11:16:34 PM
You can use the pivot feature of a near by part. For example. Part A has to be moved, choose a small part (B) near by the area, where part A should be located and use it as a pivot. If necessary, use global orientation. Now tiny movements are much easier.

Thanks! This is a good work-around. Not sure why I didn't think of this. I just assumed that pivoting around a part was mainly for rotating something about an object but I guess moving about an object works too to re-locate the move tool.

Much appreciated.