White and black light dots

Started by Mithradantor, August 20, 2021, 06:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithradantor

Good morning all, I know there are multiple posts about this, but even with those tips I am unable to get rid of the dots. I am used to V-ray but decided to start learning Keyshot because I wanted a change of career (interior modeling to character modeling). I made a simple sculpt and wanted to render it in a dark-ish surrounding.

I added a HDRI and then two spotlights. Most materials look oké, but some are just horrible. Black and white dots all over. How can I get rid of them? I tried increasing everything that I could find i.e. samples, resolution et cetera but nothing gets rid of the white and black dots.

In V-ray it is quite easy to reduce the white and black dots so you do not see them anymore, but in Keyshot I have no clue.
Hope someone can give me some pointers. Using the latest version of Keyshot.

I can upload my scene if that is needed too.

P.S. I added the same render but with a lot (more) lighting in it, still weird dots.

Best regards

Erik Williams

What is your lighting environment and are you using Caustics?
With Caustics enabled, we have seen the rare case of light reflecting off a surface and onto glass and glass(solid) materials causing speculation on certain materials.
This has been seen mostly when using the Jewelry Lighting environment.

If this is the case, try hiding any Ground Planes applied to the scene to see if that cleans up the image.
Disabling Caustics will do the trick as well.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact our team at support@luxion.com. Inform them of the situation and a representative will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support