question about moving parts on a 3d Mech project working on

Started by dparcell87, September 06, 2021, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dparcell87

Hi guys, haven't been on here in a while and this may be a random question but I'm still kinda a newb to Keyshot but anyway I have been modeling out a  Mech/Robot in Zbrush  for a Concept art project, and will be using the bridge to Keyshot . THe only thing is It will have some moving parts that I want to show off in the still concept so I guess once I'm happy with first pose and views then how will I go about showing the shot of the parts that I move ? like the last time I did a project like this I had to go back into zbrush and duplicate each part and move it and hide the original which I feel theres got to be a better and faster way. wil I have to animate it in Keyshot and just pause at the keyframe I want?  Which I don't have Keyshot Pro just base version and know idea on how to animate in any program, Again I don't even know if Keyshot can animate something brought in from Zbrush.  Anything helps and sorry if this was a stupid question. Just trying to find a better workflow. Later

Trixtr

Not sure how you modeled and imported the design, but if you have separate parts then you can select them and move / animate accordingly. Otherwise you may be able to split the object in Keyshot into several parts, but that too depends on how it is modelled if it'll work well.

INNEO_MWo

With the HD license, he can't use the split feature (pro lic needed).

Erik Williams

To expand on that, animations are also not included in the KeyShot HD license.
Upgrading to KeyShot Pro would allow you to add the animations you are looking for.
For a comparison of what is available with all of our platforms, you can go https://www.keyshot.com/product-comparison/ for more details.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Customer Support Representative

dparcell87

Alright, thanks y'all . I gonna upgrade and learn more. This is all new to me HAHA! Thank you for the help, for sure appreciate it.