Save camera position as well as Environment/Lighting position

Started by kckustom, March 24, 2021, 01:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckustom

Keyshot 10.1 pro. Windows 10.
I'm coming from keyshot 6. I'm trying to save multiple camera angles, each needs to have its own specific environment position.

I have a single model using the same environment. I need to create several different camera angles. I need to save each of those camera angles with the specific environment position to keep the light reflections perfect for each saved camera angle.

In keyshot 6 I could save the camera angle with the specific environment angle (I dont remember the exact term used for that). No matter how I moved the camera or environment, I could return to the previous camera angle save and nothing has changed. However, in Keyshot 10.1, I cant seem to figure out how to lock the environment position with the specific camera angle. Is it not "Add Camera and Environment Studio / Add Locked" in the "Camera tab"?
When I select "add camera and environment studio / add locked", it only saves the angle while the environment position will not be saved with it. If I move the environment for a different camera angle save and go back to the previously saved "camera and environment", the environment has moved and none of my light/reflections are how I tried to saved them.
I'm clearly missing something. Thanks in advance for any help.

TGS808

The answer is to use Studios. You're part way there. You're just missing the final step. This will explain it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVLoZ4yW6s

KristofDeHulsters

The environment tab and camera tab are controlled separately and can be both locked to save the exact reflections/shadows and camera angle. On top of that you would use Studio's to link environments with camera's to create all the right configurations you need. I would only use Studio's if I had 10+ environments and 10+ camera's. It would make it easier to create the Studio's and then queue them.

mattjgerard

I use studios ALL THE TIME!!! They are pretty awesome, but they just need a couple tweaks. Like when you set up a scene with your model sets, camera and environment, and click "New Studio" it doesn't automatically check the box for model sets and select the ones that are active like it does for the camera and environment. But setting up and queuing them all at the same time is pretty cool. I've used the multimaterials options in studios a couple times too and that is pretty powerful.

richardfunnell

Matt, your suggestion is exactly what should be in place, but you can change the default settings for a new Studio by hitting the gear icon. I think this was added in 9.1/9.2

Viewsets were the old feature of camera/environment pairs, which worked super well, but had limited control.
The current "Add & Edit" dialog is really confusing, I just avoid it since it duplicates environments/cameras.

kckustom

Sorry for the late reply....
Many thanks for all the help!