Final renders have bright pixel dots on surfaces

Started by kckustom, September 13, 2021, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckustom

I am not sure where exactly to post this.

ISSUE: Bright pixels in high res final rendered image.
Certain environments causing small (white or yellow) pixels on my surfaces viewable in final rendered image. (reference image showing yellow pixels). If I change the environment to a simple generic one like the "startup", the pixels are instantly gone when viewing the final rendered image. My custom "pin" lights do not cause it. It has happened with a few different environments. It never happens when using a generic simple environment.
I've tried to increase and decrease lighting qualities and render times/quality, as well as different "lighting presets" with no change. The pixels can appear on a variety of surface types; plastic, dull paint, rubber, metallic paint etc. It seems to be a light source in the environment? But how to I fix it when its not a pin light I can turn off or adjust?
What am I overlooking that is causing this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

INNEO_MWo

Erik Williams

Yes we have noticed that when caustics are enabled and particularly when using the Jewelry light setting, light will reflect off of aground plane or other surface. When reflected off of glass or glass(solid) materials, these lighting artefacts can appear.
Our developers are working on this issue now.
For now disabling caustics or removing the planes will solve the issue.

Let me know if that is the case.

Thank you for your patience.
Our team will have this solved as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support