Keyshot 3.0.78 problems with application crashes and hangs

Started by KurtLancaster, November 24, 2011, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KurtLancaster

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating the trial version of Keyshot Build 3.0.78.
I use a older IBM T60P laptop with a ATI Mobility FireGL 5200 on Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

The problems I get are the following:
- If I start keyshot, sometimes the main window is black. If I resize the keyshot window sometimes the original grey shaded backgrond comes back.
- If I open directly after Keyshot start the Library via menu View->Library everything is fine (materials, environments etc.) will be shown and listed.
- If I try to open directly after Keyshot start a existing file like "Wine_Glass.bip" the window is empty (only grey shaded background, no model).
   I can try to save a screenshot but the image will be empty (onlz keyshot background without model)
- If I try now (after the opening of a existing file) to invoke the Library via menu View->Library Keyshot will hang/crash.

Keyshot menu View-> Log will show following errors:
(02:13:23) QGLShader::link: "Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked. 
(02:13:23) QGLShader::link: "Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.
(02:13:23) QGLShader::link: "Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked. "
(02:17:57) Error: Fatal error in luxgeometry.so (726D0000,262144) at 726F3CAF
(02:17:57) Internal error. Please report to bugs@luxion.com
(02:17:57) Error: Fatal error in luxgeometry.so (726D0000,262144) at 726F3CAF
(02:17:57) Internal error. Please report to bugs@luxion.com

Due to the fact that Keyshot should be independent from the graphics card (CPU based rendering) I'm wondering why I get so much problems.
Is the Qt framework the main source for such graphics problems ?

Any hint what could cause the problem and how I get rid of them ?

Cheers
Kurt

railengineer

same for me, looks like maybe it wasn't quite ready for prime time......