"team workflow" tips and trix?

Started by creativemind, September 15, 2021, 06:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creativemind

I work in a company where we use Keyshot a lot for concept and final products.

Just wanted to tap into the community again, to ask. What Would you guys have done to make Keyshot work better in an office environment?
Maybe share some setups, or ideas of how you approach this to speed up the general process from start to finish but maybe also aligning materials, output look between multiple users etc.

Right now I´m in the process of creating it an office "standard" to make it faster and make our output more aligned with each other. And just streamlines as much as possible.
we are 5 people right now so its feel like a good idea to start to do this.

Ideas right now:

• A folder in dropbox for Shared basic materials, Icons/logos

• A basic scene

• A realistic scene for more "money/hero shots" renders.

Maybe also setup camera views/studios. But I also don't wanna overdo it too much.

Whats your guys ideas about this and any good input to add?

mattjgerard

We have two of use working on stuff, but never on the same project at the same time. We do have a shared library of everything for our materials and standard HDRI's and stuff.

We also have "template" projects that are empty of product (or have one in there for alignment) but have all the camera angles, HDRI's and stuff setup for different products. Duplicate that project, and drag in the new CAD files for a new product. Helps a lot with consistency and makes sure that the product images look the same no matter who is working on them. The shared materials live on a local network drive that we both have access to. Keeping materials grouped in folders and properly labeled is super important.

If we are working on the same project, its usually one of us sourcing files and getting them prepped (organized, textured, cleaned up) and the other is doing the main assembly of the scene.