Lines showing in model

Started by abishek, September 21, 2021, 05:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abishek

I am getting these kinds of lines in the model after applying the material to it.

I used fusion 360 and keyshot.

RRIS

Have you encountered this problem before with other geometry made in Fusion 360?

I'm thinking perhaps your model has unwelded vertices (an unchecked option at export perhaps?). But I don't use Fusion 360, so it's just a guess.

TGS808

Was the model made in F360? If so, it shouldn't look like that. What file type did you export? Try exporting as an .stp or .igs.

abishek

Quote from: RRIS on September 21, 2021, 06:02:20 AM
Have you encountered this problem before with other geometry made in Fusion 360?

I'm thinking perhaps your model has unwelded vertices (an unchecked option at export perhaps?). But I don't use Fusion 360, so it's just a guess.

Thanks.
Yes for every model I am having the same problem. The same problem occurred in the below model also.I will check on the modeling side.

abishek

Quote from: TGS808 on September 21, 2021, 05:20:53 PM
Was the model was made in F360? If so, it shouldn't look like that. What file type did you export? Try exporting as an .stp or .igs.

I have used the .stl file. Thanks, I tried with both .stp and .igs files there wasn't any problem with it. Now it works fine

DriesV

For smooth shading of curved surfaces, vertex normals are required. STL as a format does not include vertex normals, so models imported as STL files will always appear faceted. A solution could be to use the 'Edit Normals' tool in KeyShot to calculate the vertex normals. That usually does a good job of smoothing out the shading of the mesh.

When importing STP and IGES files (together with many more NURBS-based formats), the tessellation of the model is done in KeyShot. As part of this, vertex normals are automatically generated as well.

Dries