Flat Shade Render for Clown Pass?

Started by Zander85, November 26, 2011, 02:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

Is there a way to render an image without any lighting what so ever (for the purposes of clown renders). I have tried rendering a blank hdri from hdr light studio but that did not work. Any ideas?  ???

Ed

If you use flat materials for the clown colors, the lighting doesn't mater.

Add a new material folder called Clown.

Under material Type, select Flat.  Then pick colors.  Save each flat color material as Clown Red, Clown Blue, ect.

Works great for selecting your regions in Photoshop.

Ed

Speedster

And clown passes render out in nano-seconds.  Be sure to lock the camera before the beauty shot, and until after the clown pass.  Use lots of  clown selections for use later, and make sure no adjacent parts or selections are the same color.  I usually use only 3-5 colors.  Use only a plain background, (no backplate) in about the same color as your dominant beauty shot color to minimize halos later, and without ground shadows- actually, you may want a separate clown render with ground shadows.  In Photoshop, "Open With" the clown pass, then "Place" the beauty shot(s).  LINK THE LAYERS before anything else!  All of this takes under a minute or so.

Tip:  I render the beauty shot, save the file.  Then do the clown pass, but close the file without saving.  When you reopen, you're back where you started with no hassle.  May not be necessary with simple models.

Bill G

Zander85