Any ideas where I could find stone / concrete textures?

Started by Andrew_G, September 29, 2021, 01:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_G

I'm looking for a specific textures or models of rock - concrete plates.  There is a lot of places where I can find rock or concrete textures, but almost all of them are photographed from few meter distance. Such textures are perfect for arch visualisations, but I'm looking for something that I could use in close up renders. I bought few rock plates on my own, and I`ll be making textures from them, but still...

I need more of such textures, but right now I'm out of ideas where I could find them. Few photos of what I'm looking as an example. I'm looking straight textures as on those pictures but more complex shapes would be perfect as well:) Maybe you have an idea where I could find it?

RRIS

Try procedural textures, infinite detail in closeups. Combinations of bubbles/granite/etc.

mattjgerard

poliigon textures are pretty good for medium and closeup stuff, they dont' have many large scale textures.

quixel for real scans. you will have to pay for the good ones.

Zeltronic

Try to use substance sampler, with some tweaks you can create everything that you want, in the attached files I quickly create a set of textures from your first screen shot , this is not perfect but let you figure out what you can do whith these kind of tools. ;)

mattjgerard

dang this makes me want to get into the substance world even more. Might be time to put in a request to IT for a license.