Rendering is different from screen

Started by abedsabeh, October 02, 2021, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

Hello guys,

I have a scene that looks fine on my screen and when I render it at 1000x1000 it renders fine. But as soon as I increase the resolution above that, like, 2000px or 5000px. It renders totally different. Colors get messed up some how. I wonder if the Curvature texture will maintain the same aspect ratio when the image rendering is bigger in size. Do you think that's what causing the problem? So do I have to change the Curvature Cutoff and radius based on the final render size if this is the issue?

I will attach only a part of the image and the simple material graph.

Cheers!
Abed

abedsabeh

I think yes, I have sorted it out. I need to adjust the curvature based on the render size of the image. It doesn't work in parallel with the render size. Maybe you should look into this issue and see if there is a solution for it? Anyways, thanks!

Cheers!
Abed

TGS808

Based on what you are saying, it sounds like you were using the Curvature node with the "Radius in Pixels" box checked (which it is by default). If you use it that way, the look of the curvature will change when the resolution of the image changes because the amount of pixels in the image is increasing or decreasing. Uncheck that box to use the scene units (instead of pixels) to determine the radius size. When setting up Curvature, uncheck that box before dialing in any of your other curvature settings. Doing it that way will ensure the look you set up remains the same in any resolution.

abedsabeh

Oh yes! That fixed the problem ...my bad, sorry :-) Thank you!

Cheers!
Abed