Leica M9 Clay to Keyshot

Started by rusty_radio, October 19, 2021, 01:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty_radio

Check out this W.I.P personal project I am working on, A Leica M9 Camera, trying out dramatic Lighting to complement the design. More renders to come!

RRIS

Very nice, I used to have the black version :) I would probably model the M9 lettering or use a stronger bumpmap there, as they are milled in into the housing and then painted in (but not level, so you will see the paint there catch some highlights).
About the M9, it came in a slightly darker silver and a black model, both with different types of leather. So make sure you get the combination right. The silver should be darker (steel gray), and the leather is more like a sandpaper. The black one had a strong leather texture.

rusty_radio

Quote from: RRIS on October 20, 2021, 05:06:51 AM

Thanks for the valuable insights Renze, the camera surely is a work of art. I'll make the necessary changes in the coming renders. Cheers!

KristofDeHulsters

Hossein Alfideh

I've been following you on IG and saw these cool images there but seeing them in high-res is really delightful! Great job buddy!

rusty_radio

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on November 09, 2021, 10:24:38 PM
I've been following you on IG and saw these cool images there but seeing them in high-res is really delightful! Great job buddy!
Hey Hossein! Glad you feel that way and happy to connect with you on the forum as-well!

imprincevince

Awesome work! Curious how do you achieve the clay look? Any details on the material and lighting? I feel like every time I try it, it ends up looking bland or loses its detail

RRIS

Quote from: imprincevince on February 10, 2022, 05:52:35 PM
Awesome work! Curious how do you achieve the clay look? Any details on the material and lighting? I feel like every time I try it, it ends up looking bland or loses its detail

Good lighting with lights (not just environment) and boost the shadow quality a bit. Plenty of detail in your meshes also helps. Photo mode for the image style with some tweaks on exposure/contrast, etc.