Help! Final Rendered Colors Come Out Slightly Muted

Started by br3ttman, October 20, 2021, 06:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

Does anyone have any insight for me on this?  Please see the enclosed side by side image comparison.  The image on the right is what I see on my screen (2019 MacBook Pro 16") when I set up my scene, while the image on the left is what KeyShot renders.  It's a subtle difference, but still fairly noticeable: see how the reds and yellows on the left are slightly muted and just not as vibrant as those on the right.

I've tried adjusting my settings in KeyShot for different results, but this happens whether I formally run the rendering or I simply export a "KeyShot Screenshot" (versus my CMD + Shift + 4 to create a screenshot with my MacBook on the right).  What KeyShot communicates to my MacBook display is different than what it writes to an image file.

Erik Williams

What are your Render Settings?
If you are rendering using Custom Control, try changing your settings to use max time or max samples to see if it changes the results.

Also, are you using an Adobe RGB color profile?
I ask because the color profile set in the Preferences is only applied to the Real-time View to ensure the color output is correct on your screen.

It is important to note that the rendering is not done in the Adobe RGB. When the color profile is set in Prefererences, the Real-time View output is just translated from sRGB to Adobe RGB to ensure the colors look correct on your screen.

The rendering result will still be in sRGB and is directly saved to the output file as sRGB without applying the color profile.

Since sRGB is a widely used color profile for web applications this is sufficient for most users. And since it's a widely use color profile, most image editing applications are able to translate from sRGB to Adobe RGB for further editing.

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if this is the case.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support