RTX 3080Ti + RTX 2070 // AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX

Started by Kuba Grabarczyk, October 22, 2021, 06:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuba Grabarczyk

Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded my workstation dedicated for Keyshot animation. Brand new RTX 3080Ti has been just installed!!! Please see below the results which are outstanding!! With RTX 2070 only I had a result of 24.89 in the very same banchmark, so the improvement is huge. The only drawback is the price of 3080Ti but I lost patience waiting for better time....

newstclif

Quote from: Kuba Grabarczyk on October 22, 2021, 06:10:52 AM
Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded my workstation dedicated for Keyshot animation. Brand new RTX 3080Ti has been just installed!!! Please see below the results which are outstanding!! With RTX 2070 only I had a result of 24.89 in the very same banchmark, so the improvement is huge. The only drawback is the price of 3080Ti but I lost patience waiting for better time....

Hello, Kuba Grabarczyk.
Excellent result.
Could you help me a little?
I have rtx 2060s, I want to add 3080ti to it.
What motherboard are you using? Which one would you recommend?
Will there be a performance difference between pci 3.0 x16 and pci 3.0 x2 ports?

Kuba Grabarczyk

Hi,

Unfortunately, I will not help much here. I just used service of local company specialized with graphic design/rendering workstations. I do not know much about technical details of the PC configuration. I can just say that when adding RTX 3080Ti I needed to buy also new power supply 1200 W instead of 850W I had before. In the specification I have just found the motherboard listed is called: ASUS Prime X399-A but honestly I just trusted those guys and everything works perfectly fine.

Kuba Grabarczyk

Today I downloaded trail version of Keyshot 11 suddenly getting worse results in rendering times than in Keyshot 10.2. So I downloaded Keyshot Viewer 11 to make direct comparison. The results are astonishing! The tests have been performed in very same conditions one after another. Please see results below.

Can anyone from Keyshot explain the difference? Honestly I considered upgrading to Keyshot 11 but getting worse performance in rendering is not very convincing to do that...

ivuzem

Kuba Grabarczyk

Hi, this the first thing I did today's morning :) Results are indeed at the levels it should be, thank you Keyshot team for fixing that!

Kuba Grabarczyk

Uhhh, I installed new Nvidia drivers 512.15 hoping for performance improvements (they claim the drivers support Keyshot 11) and... again got highly disappointed!! Not only Keyshot 11.1 performance got worse but the 10.2 version too. Keyshot team, please help!

rfollett

can I please quick question with regards to animation in GPU mode?
I have a massive pause inbetween each frame, I have been told this will be fixed in 11.2
do you have same issue?
I dont get pause if I just move the scene around

Kuba Grabarczyk

Yes I do. It's all because of the GPU geometry setup time, i described all my experience in the thread below

https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=28626.0