Too many caustics in shadows

Started by sxarle, October 25, 2021, 07:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxarle

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new with keyshot and am struggling to understand why my scene is producing the tiny 'shards' of shadows behind my product. Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce these? The materials aren't very complex, I'm using the product lighting preset and have 2 pins in my environment (see below). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

theAVator

Is it tied to the light coming in thru the many window panes on that side of your building?? Presumably the lighting enviro would reside outside of that  building and is shining into the windows. Is it a result of the many vertical breaks and acting like the wave/particle dual slit experiment kinda thing?

Take the windows out or remove the building completely and see if anything changes??

RRIS

Not sure what it going exactly with that screenshot.. but I don't see caustics?
It seems to me more like low quality shadows. What is the resolution of your environment? What are your shadow quality settings? (higher resolutions and higher shadow quality will add shadow definition).
Do you have lights inside the space? Adding lights will soften/brighten the incoming shadows as well.