"favorite/bookmarked" parts

Started by RRIS, November 05, 2021, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

I'm regularly working with large assemblies, where I often have to hide/unhide certain parts. Unfortunately it's not possible to make new groups of those parts, because they'd break the live-linking feature (which is fairly essential in my case). Because those large assemblies have non-descriptive part names, it becomes a real chore to hide-unhide parts only to find the right ones.

It would be great if you could 'favorite' certain parts and even give them a description, and have a separate area in the scene manager for those referenced parts, allowing for quick edits and inclusion in studios for example.

mattjgerard

That's a great idea, like a secondary scene tree that you could drag parts or groups into. Cinema has a great "Layer" system which you can tag parts or groups to layers, then control the visibility, lock/unlock and other properties of the layer. Easy way to group stuff without changing the heirarchy.

This would get a +1 from me. I don't use the Live link, I'm just annoyed witht he regrouping workflow in KS/. Just want to select objects in the real time view, hit shift+G and make a new group with all the selected objects in it. But, can't.

INNEO_MWo

I would use the render layer as favourites. So you can filter the the tree to layered parts. Otherwise you can use model sets with linked materials, created on selection, to filter one or more model sets. There might be some restrictions with live linking - not tested it yet. But it's worth a try, I guess.