Main Menu

Extend KeyShot's Usability

Started by Will Gibbons, November 05, 2021, 02:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_blenderman

How about something even more basic,
Like Seach and sort options for Studios, Model set, Camera, Environment, material lists etc!

When creating large projects it is pretty hard to keep track of things or navigate to something specific!

For example, if I have a file with more than 30 Studios and I want to be able to navigate to a specific one, it is so difficult! There should be a search option or something. Same issues with Model sets, environments etc.
There should also be an option to sort the lists by name or some other parameter! 

The Scene tree has a wonderful search option so why not put the same option for other list types?

I really hope this issue can be addressed as early as the next update. because it is very fundamental to any software!

germannick

I would like to add:
- excluding parts from reflecting defined lights sources
- differnt naming from #_ao.exr files in a way, that those can be imported into premiere without renaming them first (deleting the "_ao"
- fixing the shadowing and fragments of parts with a cutaway textures
- automatic duplication of identical frames instead of rendering them each
- adding copy& past of animations to the right mouse button when selecting a part or animation in the timeline window
- option as checkbox to unlink all animations when duplicating a model set
- Rendertime estimation (countdown times)
-Editing NAME, FORMAT, RESOLUTION and samples in the queue window
- adding color options to scene tree for better visibility
- add backside options such as material, transparency etc to labels
- allow AI format to be used as labels

mattjgerard

This here would be sooooooo awesome. even if it internally rendered a png from the AI file in the background, just being able to update the label in AI and hit the refresh button would be so slick.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on July 13, 2022, 05:17:18 AM

This here would be sooooooo awesome. even if it internally rendered a png from the AI file in the background, just being able to update the label in AI and hit the refresh button would be so slick.

I assume the challenge here is how does it treat layers, both on and off and multiple art boards, dimensions and scale, whether the art is within or extends beyond the art board or linked/not embedded images... this sounds like a can of worms. I'd vote to just be able to load .svg so at least that way we have vector label support.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: germannick on July 12, 2022, 06:20:35 AM
I would like to add:
- excluding parts from reflecting defined lights sources
- differnt naming from #_ao.exr files in a way, that those can be imported into premiere without renaming them first (deleting the "_ao"
- fixing the shadowing and fragments of parts with a cutaway textures
- automatic duplication of identical frames instead of rendering them each
- adding copy& past of animations to the right mouse button when selecting a part or animation in the timeline window
- option as checkbox to unlink all animations when duplicating a model set
- Rendertime estimation (countdown times)
-Editing NAME, FORMAT, RESOLUTION and samples in the queue window
- adding color options to scene tree for better visibility
- add backside options such as material, transparency etc to labels

Lots of interesting requests. Have you tried messing with the custom naming conventions/templates? Not sure if that'd address your request there. Render time estimation countdown can be tough because the render engine does not know what the next frame will be. For example in an animation, if you have 5 frames of blank screen, those frames may render in a few seconds each. However, if later in the animation you have a shot where the frame is filled with a close-up and DoF, then that frame will take way longer to render... hence there's no way to predict without rendering the entire animation first. For a progressive render (max samples) still image, I'd assume this could be done. Also, editing items in the queue probably doesn't work because KS saves a KSP for each queue item... so once it's been saved in the queue I think it's cached as a KeyShot file until it's been rendered. That's why if you make changes to a scene after adding it to the queue, you can still render out the original scene.

Backside masking for labels and such would really be nice... yes please.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 13, 2022, 11:28:46 AM
Quote from: mattjgerard on July 13, 2022, 05:17:18 AM

I assume the challenge here is how does it treat layers, both on and off and multiple art boards, dimensions and scale, whether the art is within or extends beyond the art board or linked/not embedded images... this sounds like a can of worms. I'd vote to just be able to load .svg so at least that way we have vector label support.
Yeah they would have to be handled like cinema 4d handles (or used to handle) vector imports. Super simple, nothing fancy no artboards, etc. And honestly that's all it would need to be. Even if it converted to transparent PNG under the hood, and allow you to pick the best resolution. Cinema used to make you save in Illustrator 8 formats to strip out all the gunk from the file.