Thermoformed Container, filled, labeled, in store setting

Started by mcramblet, November 16, 2021, 12:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcramblet

I probably wouldn't label this as an "amazing", but a "successful" one. I'm a CAD designer of thermoformed packaging products, so visualization of CAD designs is an important sales tool. The customer was provided dimensioned drawings, but that's boring. In this case we wanted to provide images of our design in use with the customers actual product (photogrammetry), labeled with their actual artwork and on display as in would be in a Trader Joe's store. I was provided some store images from the salesman on the project, taken with his phone. Using Photoshop, I modified the image to make a back plate and a front plate, added a plane for a shadow, rendered a rough image and did more composite work in Photoshop. The beauty of this is that we can provide great visualization of the end product without even going to the prototyping stage.

mcramblet

The container by itself.

mcramblet

The "build" of it.

TGS808

I think you've sold yourself short in claiming this wasn't amazing. Without your follow up posts, I really couldn't tell which part of the "in store" image was photo and which part was KeyShot rendered. Pretty seamless composite. Nicely done!

mcramblet

Thank-you. I find this type of work really fun to do, I'd be happy to fill my entire day doing this kind of visualization.

Zeltronic

Nicely done, very effective visualization for this kind of project ;)

Josh3D

This is absolutely amazing! Such a great story about how you're solving a real-world challenge. The studio shots look great too but those in-situ work-up using some photos is really, really cool.

ewslimited

Nicely done, very effective visualization for this kind of project