Keyshot 11 News?

Started by simolius, November 16, 2021, 11:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simolius

Hello folks,

since the new release of Keyshot 10 back in 17.11.2020  are we gonna get any new or upcoming releasesnews? Events? Because it about 1 Year ago (cant wait to see more Features and innovations.)

LINK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctn0bvEoKfo)

Erik Williams

As a matter of fact, we are currently in the late stages of BETA testing for KeyShot 11.
We will have more information in the next few weeks and hope to have it ready for release early 2022.

Its been a long time coming, but we hope you will be pleased with the additions added to KeyShot 11.
More information will be available soon.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

simolius

Hello dear Erik,

thank you very much for your kind and quick response. It is very nice! :-)

I hope really to get better features, Tools and some more strong Methods/Techs/ & Features for the upcoming KS 11 that really works and worth the Money, because even a couple of other 3D (Solution)Companys (got/build) the same (features/even) better.

Have a good and blessed Week.

Kind regards,

simon

Eugen Fetsch

The more interesting question is.
How about the users who got a maintanance service for 2021, because the sales guy told that they will get the KS11 update with it? Now KS11 will be released in 2022, so the maintanance license was worth nothing or will there be a free upgrade in this case?

mattjgerard

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on December 06, 2021, 01:45:39 AM
How about the users who got a maintanance service for 2021, because the sales guy told that they will get the KS11 update with it? Now KS11 will be released in 2022, so the maintanance license was worth nothing or will there be a free upgrade in this case?

Pretty sure they will make it good. I've had some accommodating questions like this and they have always made good on it.

DerekCicero

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on December 06, 2021, 01:45:39 AM

Maintenance is a one-year contract from the time of purchase, so if your maintenance is still active when KS11 is released, you would get 11. If you let your maintenance expire, you would lose the ability to get the next version (which is true for any vendor). I would be surprised if our sales people would be saying that you got KeyShot 11 when you initially bought KeyShot 10 with maintenance, as we don't commit to release dates that far into the future, but if that is the case, I would discuss the issue directly with the the sales person in question to rectify the issue.

mattjgerard

Iguess this is one of those, "most of the time but not all the time" situations when its been pretty common for KS to release once a year, so customers have equated that to "Buy the maintenance, and I get the next major release for that price" sort of thing. Maxon does the same with Cinema 4D. So, now that there is the time that KS 11 will be released outside that 12 month window, users are feeling cheated out of their "free" upgrade, even if the fine print says otherwise.

If not the "free" upgrade, might want to reiterate what people are getting for the maintenance contract?

DerekCicero

Maintenance gets you phone and email support and keeps you current on any releases that come out while you are on maintenance. The idea of being on maintenance is that you stay on it to ensure you are always up to date, not that you try and "time it" to avoid paying an upgrade fee (hence the lower cost). Historically KeyShot has been developed in 12-15 month windows, depending on a number of factors. If that was somehow unclear when talking to a sales rep, I'm sure they will work something out for you.

Kuba Grabarczyk

Can anyone from Keyshot even briefly say what we can expect to see in Keyshot 11?

I have received information from my local reseller, followed by similar email from Keyshot directly, claiming I can get discount for maintenance which will allow me to get free update for Keyshot 11 once it is released. The lower price is only valid till the end of 2021. FYI currently I have Keyshot 10 PRO license and in general I would like to use the most recent version as long as it is possible,

I would love to know ever roughly what I am paying for. If anyone from Keyshot is able to publish some development roadmap before end of the year, that would help a lot,

Kuba 

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: DerekCicero on December 07, 2021, 11:13:23 PM
Maintenance gets you phone and email support and keeps you current on any releases that come out while you are on maintenance. The idea of being on maintenance is that you stay on it to ensure you are always up to date, not that you try and "time it" to avoid paying an upgrade fee (hence the lower cost). Historically KeyShot has been developed in 12-15 month windows, depending on a number of factors. If that was somehow unclear when talking to a sales rep, I'm sure they will work something out for you.

Derek, please confirm that there is no email support, if a user is not on maintanance? What kind of support can a regular user expect than?

DerekCicero

You can use the official Support Forum, where you will get a ticket for tracking.

https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home

Eugen Fetsch

Oh, I see. Thank you.
Now the maintenance looks even more useless, if somebody doesn't need phone support and is good with the regular updates for the main version. :/
Buying an upgrade every two - three years looks cheaper than stay on the maintanance. This way a user could better decide, if an upgrade is worth it or not.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Eugen Fetsch on December 09, 2021, 03:16:23 AM
Oh, I see. Thank you.
Now the maintenance looks even more useless, if somebody doesn't need phone support and is good with the regular updates for the main version. :/
Buying an upgrade every two - three years looks cheaper than stay on the maintanance. This way a user could better decide, if an upgrade is worth it or not.

Its really nice to have the option. I know as a single artist, I would totally go this route, but with a the larger company that I work for now, they have a policy of keeping everything up to date constantly, and so the subscription model would be preferable to them. I know its a pain to support 2 different licensing models, but it is refreshing to see that people will have a choice.

And yeah, the maintenence seems not  to have a huge need for most people. Between this forum, the support forum where they are actually really good at responding to support tickets any way and the google, not sure I'd ever be as desperate to actually call in.

CarlosFerreira

How will Keyshot 11 subscription affect Keyshot for ZBrush? Will Keyshot for ZBrush continue to be developed or will Keyshot for ZBrush users have to subscribe to the standard Keyshot?

DerekCicero

How will Keyshot 11 subscription affect Keyshot for ZBrush? Will Keyshot for ZBrush continue to be developed or will Keyshot for ZBrush users have to subscribe to the standard Keyshot?

The KeyShot HD for ZBrush product will be going away, but other than that it will stay the same for 2022. Given the changes over at Zbrush/Maxon I can't speak for what will happen beyond this year.