Case of the "jitters" in KS3

Started by Speedster, November 29, 2011, 01:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Something very vexing in KS3, and I'm curious if others are experiencing this.  This started yesterday.

I'm getting a case of the "jitters", for want of a better word. The screen just buzzes with black pixel-boxes, at a very high rate of speed. This is happening now on several .bips that were running fine.  At random times it will stop, then, within seconds, start again.   Frames per second (fps) indicates 0.00.  Cannot change anything in the scene, material or camera tabs, but I can change the environment.  Saved cameras don't work, but I can choose one of the default orientations.

Win7 x 64, 16 gigs.  Rebooting does not resolve it.  I know it's not too much coffee, floaters or other strange possibilities!

Any clues?  Screenshots attached... just imagine them buzzing like a swarm of bees!

Bill G

Speedster

Just did a cold reboot and opened the last image again.  Lasted for about 30 seconds and it was back again, but at 3.4 fps.  Oh ya, 8 cpu's in my box.
Bill G

Speedster

Well, I uninstalled KS3, downloaded it fresh, and did a clean install.  Backed up all my custom folders first. Copied the license to the desktop.  Renamed the KS3 Resource folder for access later, and to allow a totally clean install.

Fired it up with no problem, inserted the license, etc.  Good to go.  NOT!

Brought in the project .bip (open with) and it's still crapped out!  It must be something in my box, but I have no idea what.  Everything else, SolidWorks, CS5, etc., runs fine.  All .bips now do this.

See screenshot, and check out the fps @ 4149901.8!

Help! Any clues?  I already missed one deadline, and I sure hate to go back to KS2!

Bill G

feher

Bill,
I wish I could help you. I have not had this issue. I have had Keyshot 3 on my computer for awhile now. Went throught the Alpha and Beta testing phases and never had this issue.
When you render your scene do the dots render with it ?
Tim

Speedster

Hey, Tim- thanks for the ideas.  I was a beta tester, and I've had no problems until yesterday with KS3.0.78.  Yes, it rendered just fine despite the bee swarm.  See the image, #1 after the clean install.  I've just been emailing Jeff, and we tried some things.  Disabling "Enable GPU" had no effect.  BUT, disabling "Fast Realtime Render" did!  But it's REALLY slow after each change.  Anyway, we're all working on this, and I'll be curious if it's just me, or are others having similiar problems. 
Bill G

Speedster

Hi all;

Ever had "one of those days"?  Yesterday was a lulu!  Bottom line, today everything is perfect- so far.  Maybe my computer and I just needed a good nights sleep.  No more jitters!  What's odd, however, is that numerous cold boots yesterday had no effect.

It seems to have been related to "Enable Fast Realtime Rendering" option (preferences > advanced), but still not sure.

Bill G