Main Menu

Fix live linking - plugins

Started by theAVator, January 06, 2022, 10:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

Please fix the way live linking works and how plugins use it for normal operation.
The Live Linking setting is required for the CREO plugin, however it seems to fire off on it's own without prompt despite the setting in Creo, or regardless of Creo even being open. Constantly when I have a model open, it will just randomly and abruptly start a link and try to pull/update models despite there being no prompt from me to do so and Creo not even being open. This needs to get fixed so it doesn't happen without prompt.

When rendering a queue if this prompt happens it throws an error(see attachment), which is good - except that when the item rendering finishes, it prevents the next item from starting. Fixing it so that it doesn't just automatically try to update when it shouldn't, should fix this issue. But this is very annoying and has cost me hours/days of rendering animations because it hosed up the queue on me.

Somehow there should either be better programming on the backside to control this, or added controls within the preferences to control it. Maybe an option that only allows a user initiated update, or an option preventing automatic linking while items in the queue are rendering, etc.