Proper Labeling on Cloth

Started by Bacchinif6, January 09, 2022, 09:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacchinif6

Hey everyone, I was wondering how to label correctly this image on this cloth bag without having too much distortion. Techically speaking it should be distorted at all except for adapting to the object's geometry.

Any suggestions?

INNEO_MWo

Such label needs to be mapped via UV.

Bacchinif6

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on January 11, 2022, 12:33:12 PM
Such label needs to be mapped via UV.

How? I've tried with no success...

I'm using the UV mapping but I guess there's something wrong with the model.

Also the label keeps repeating on many sides.

Anindo Ghosh

QuoteI'm using the UV mapping but I guess there's something wrong with the model.
If you can share the model here, I'm sure someone could take a look at the issue. What was the model created in? If you've used Marvelous Designer, it generally gets the UV right.

QuoteAlso the label keeps repeating on many sides.
Have you tried disabling Repeat Horizontal, Repeat Vertical and Two Sided for the label texture?

Bacchinif6

Quote from: Anindo Ghosh on January 12, 2022, 06:04:15 PM
QuoteI'm using the UV mapping but I guess there's something wrong with the model.
If you can share the model here, I'm sure someone could take a look at the issue. What was the model created in? If you've used Marvelous Designer, it generally gets the UV right.

QuoteAlso the label keeps repeating on many sides.
Have you tried disabling Repeat Horizontal, Repeat Vertical and Two Sided for the label texture?

It's a downloaded model... but I'm attaching it here anyway.

Erik Williams

If you can, first disable or delete your current label.
Then double-click the bag and select 'Unwrap UVs' and unwrap the UVs of the bag.
Now, when doing this you will receive a message stating:
'Part of the geometry is not covered by the charts'. Click 'OK' to autofill these parts.
Once that is done add the label as a Planar Mapping Type. Make sure that it is not Two-Sided to keep it from reproducing the image and place it as you see fit. You should get the desired results.

Let me know if that is not the case.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

INNEO_MWo

Here's a quick and dirty solution.
I split the outside of the bag from the inside shell, to get it more easy for UV unwrap.
To unwrap, I selected some vertikal lines for a seam - that isn't easy and need some trial an error.
Then you can map the label along these UV coordinates.

See details in attached scene.

CheerEO
Marco