Turntables do not complete

Started by dopepope, January 10, 2022, 08:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopepope

Ah, I wasn't very clear. I wasn't rendering very big at all. In Keyshot I was rendering an AVI at 1920 x 3837, but when Photoshop was making the mp4, it wouldn't allow that size. Apparently it would only allow 2304 to be the largest amount of pixels in one field when starting the project. So, not knowing that, it was resizing and creating those bars. Now, I simply change the size before I hit 'render', and the turntable comes out great.

Also, since I've made my CPU to 100%, and use 'Denoise', my render time has been reduced by 60%. And oddly, in the 4 new renders I've done this way, not one has given me that 'SET UP' never-ending progress bar issue.

TGS808

Gotcha. I didn't realize there was a size cut off when exporting video from PS. I tested it and when I output to Quicktime the max size is 5000px. If I pick H.264 the max is 4096. I wonder why it cut you off at a smaller size than that. I don't think the full fledged video editors (After Effects, Premiere) cut off like that (or at least if they do, they allow you to go bigger than PS) so I guess that's one drawback to PS. Regardless, sounds like you've got it working now so, that's good.

dopepope

I don't do much animation work, or motion. So this is all new to me. I do concept art a lot tho, and design creatures. And lately I wanted to explore turntable options to convey the character from all angles. So, I ventured into this without knowing too much. And I don't know too many people that use Keyshot, so your repeated prompt replies have been great. Thanks a lot.

Here's a link to my work, so you can see what I do if you want. Probably not the usual Keyshot fare, but I still enjoy using it.

https://www.artstation.com/dopepope

TGS808

Very impressive work on the Artstation! No, yours not the usual KS fare but if you delve into the KS gallery on the KS site there are definitely a few other guys who do similar stuff. I can see where the turntables would come in handy. Exporting them as XR files (if you have that add on for KS) would be cool too, allowing the user to move them manually. https://www.keyshot.com/web/

Anyway, happy to be able to help out. Everyone here uses KS and it's a pretty responsive and friendly board. The Luxion staff are on here as well. So, for KS questions, this is the place to be.

dopepope

I have a new question. Currently, I can set up several renders to the queue. Each with different environmental settings. But is there a way to set up several renders to the queue with the model having different materials and textures assigned? It seems I can save out different environments, but not different states of the model. Am I missing something ? I thought 'studios' would be ideal for this, but when i had 2 studios open, and changed the material of the model in one, both studios reflected the change. Or else I did it wrong. Any ideas?

INNEO_MWo

It is better to use the configurator to render these instances. You can use existing model sets.
And please start a new threat when you have new questions.

TGS808

Quote from: dopepope on January 17, 2022, 02:35:42 PM
I have a new question. Currently, I can set up several renders to the queue. Each with different environmental settings. But is there a way to set up several renders to the queue with the model having different materials and textures assigned? It seems I can save out different environments, but not different states of the model. Am I missing something ? I thought 'studios' would be ideal for this, but when i had 2 studios open, and changed the material of the model in one, both studios reflected the change. Or else I did it wrong. Any ideas?

Set up your materials as multi-materials, and make different model sets for different states of the model. You may need to tell the model sets not to use linked materials when setting them up. You can then use studios to set up different variations/combinations of multi-materials and states of the model and send them to the queue without one affecting the other.

This may help. He doesn't use the model sets in the studios here but you should get the idea of how to incorporate them too.
https://youtu.be/BPGx3W5f3wc