Keyshot 3 vs Keyshot 2 on my new Boxx Computer

Started by Robb63, December 02, 2011, 06:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

Just received a new Boxx computer 4920 XTREME system. i7-3960(six core) @ 4.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Quadro-2000, liquid cooled.

I'm getting 106.3fps in Keyshot 2, but only 74.1fps in Keyshot 3 (version 3.0.76)

Will KS3 be getting faster?
I'd like to start using it permanently but it took all day yesterday to render some high res renders that I know KS2 would have smoked through much quicker. I was dying to try it out so I sucked it up and let it finish. Right now though it's hard to justify putting into my regular workflow even though I love the newer materials and just about everything about it compared to KS2.

Thanks,
R

jhiker

A similar comparison on my machine shows 62FPS for K2 and 45FPS for K3 (64bit)

KeyShot

The latest build of KeyShot is faster.

The camera model is a bit of a worst case model for the new structure in KeyShot 3.
If you try hiding parts or import multiple models then you will find that KeyShot 3 is faster.

But we are going to optimize KeyShot 3 further. We have quite a few things coming...

-- Henrik

br3ttman

I agree that working in KeyShot 3 seems lighter, faster than my KeyShot 2 workflow.  However, we just got budgets approved for new PC's at my work and I'd sure be interested in seeing some fresh benchmarks to help me dial in our selection. 
Thomas, any thoughts on how we could "prime the pump" to encourage forum users to share their Keyshot 3/PC performance results?  Possibly a new .bip file? ;D

guest84672

We still have the camera file in the KS 3 installer - might as well use this one for now.

We are continuing to improve performance. Make sure you run the latest to ensure maximum performance.

Robb63

It's getting faster!! Just tried the camera scene on the same system using KS 3.0.90 and got 85.3fps!
Up just over 10fps from the first KS3 release.

:D