Main Menu

The door)

Started by Gavrik, December 02, 2011, 10:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavrik

Working with Keyshot for 1 month. This is without any postproccesing and photoshop.

PhilippeV8

Good job !  Keep it up !

Zander85

trice1

I like both images Gavrik, nice work.

PhilippeV8

Revisiting this topic ... now I think I should suggest you to only add a bumpmap to the wood ... just to make it perfect  ;)

bobyoung

Gavrik

Can somebody advise how to make a nice bump for wood, i used PixPlant but result was not very nice.

Skint

Very nice.  Do you work for hoppe ?

Gavrik

I need to create a model for use on the site.

Zander85

Gavrik- try crazy bump. Super simple to use, cheap and yields great results. The only way to get a better map is to make one in zbrush or mudbox but that is a lot of work.

youknowwho4eva

Didn't notice it till now, but it looks like the texture on the horizontal trim is in the wrong direction. The grain is vertical and should be horizontal.

Gavrik

Yes, I see. There is box map projection. But for the horizontal parts it does not work. I've tried all types of projections, but still not very good. Maybe someone knows how to solve this? Here is a link to the package, you can download to see what can be done.

http://depositfiles.com/files/eq84s0xby

Zander85

You need to manually UV this model. If you send me the model I will UV it for you quickly.

youknowwho4eva

I remapped the horizontal beams I think to the x axis, Also used the same texture for the bump map to add a little bump to the wood. Also fiddled with the gold a little. What do you think?

Zander85

I think the door needs a spec map and the specularity needs to be toned down a bit. The metal is looking a bit funny (too blown out still) fix the lighting there. Looking better though.