Please make a render plugin for Cinema 4D

Started by hve, May 04, 2022, 01:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hve

While KS is great and very fast, there are a lot of things I love in C4D and I think it would be cool to be able to use KS inside C4D, you already have the materials and tools imagine what the combination of both would be :)

TGS808

There's a live link plug-in that allows you to link your C4D file with KS. As for KS functioning as plug-in inside of C4D, I wouldn't count on that happening.

mattjgerard

As an avid C4d user, yes this would be awesome. I've asked about it before with crickets in response. So, yeah probably aint going to happen. I know for Octane it took an independant developer to create a wrapper for the main Octane app for it to be used in Cinema. It worked, but kludgy and there were always things that didn't work. So, I switched from Octane to Keyshot. For the work I do now, I can assemble most of my scenes in KS and use Cinema for geometry work or fixing stuff. I miss playing around with x-particles though. would be awesome if X-particles made a plug in for keyshot.

totally wonder what the plugin page in the KS preferences is for, doesn't seem to be anything that ever goes there?