Ver 3 crashes when environments load

Started by Ed, December 02, 2011, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Ver 3.082

WIN7  32 bit  3GB RAM  Quad CPU  No other programs running.

KS crashes about 40% of the time when I click the Library > Environments tab.  The crash occurs as soon as all the HDR thumbnails finish loading.

I broke my HDR collection into a few folders thinking there may be a size limit - this did not help.

What seems to work is, as soon as you open KS, to go to Library > Environments to load the HDRs, BEFORE opening the BIP.

Ed

JeffM

So it only happens after having opened a bip? Will any bip cause the issue, or just some specific ones? If it's specific, can you send one of these problem bips and any textures and environments that it uses to support@luxion.com?

KeyShot

We fixed this issue in the 3.0.90 build that we just released.

Ed

Thanks - I verified ver 3.0.90 fixed this issue.

Ed

Zander85

I crash Keyshot 3 about 6 times a day. I just save often. (Could definitely be less buggy and more stable)  :-\

Still very powerful.

guest84672

It would be really helpful if you could tell us what causes the crashes. Please send to support@luxion.com.

Thanks,
Thomas

Zander85

I will in the future. Maybe I am unlucky. I have had it crash before keyshot fully initializes. Ive also had it become unresponsive after finishing a set of renders.

guest84672

There were some issues with regards to rendering that should be resolved in the 3.0.90 build. Definitely keep us posted.

Zander85

g_chahowskoi

I'm having the same problem with KeySHot 3 [including the recent update]. I can render one part, but when I attempt to render a small assembly, the color/textures do not drag over and KeyShot stops functioning altogether. I've contacted tech support and they advised that I purchase a "Maintenance Contract", since mine has expired. I've had the product for three weeks. How does a "Maintenance Contract" expire in three weeks :?: Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how does one tell when rendering is complete. Sorry, I'm a noob.

g_chahowskoi

Zander85

You can tell when a render is finished by checking the tab just above the render. I have attached a jpeg to point out which tab I am referring to. If you are rendering a sequence of images just refer to the numbers I have circled. If your scene is 100 frames just wait for the numbers to read 100/100. Hope that helps.
-Zander

g_chahowskoi

Thanks, Zander. I've got Windows 7 [I'm guessing that's what you have], but I don't see that in the frame of the window [see image]. Is there a function that drops that information in the frame of the window?

Zander85

What your looking at there is actually the "real time render view" which is part of the Keyshot interface. The real time render view is not actually a render. That view constantly ray traces and renders your scene in real time (live). So it's basically a preview of what your render will look like when you hit render. So in order to actually render your image (rendering an image is basically creating a still image of your scene), you will need to click on the "tea pot" icon that says "render" underneath. That will bring up a second window in the keyshot interface which will ask you what type of file you want to save (tif. is usually what I go with as it does not compress your file so it looks as good as it can). You can use 32 bit tiff if you need to remove the background from your image. But after you select your file type and choose where to save your render all you have to do is click "render" (its next to the "close" button). And there you go you have an a still render!

Let me know if you need more help.

g_chahowskoi

Awesome! :D I suppose I still need to play around with KeyShot to become more familiar with it's functionality.
Thanks, Zander.

g_chahowskoi

So, as you can see, that icon is "grey'd" out [not clickable]. How do I get out of "live" rendering? I guess I'm just not understanding the settings.