Main Menu

watch test render

Started by fett22, November 29, 2011, 09:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fett22

Hi, these is a test render,i did the model in maya, all nurbs.
Still need some work.

Speedster

Great start!  Super modeling of a very interesting and stunning movement that's going to get a lot of attention.  You need to clean up the stiching, however-  keep us posted on your progress!
Bill G

PhilippeV8

Yes ... I was going to say exactly that.  You make variations in order to get imperfections which often makes things look real ... but in this case and this manner, it just looks ragged and cheap ... which is a big contrast to the watch itself !!
So make it super clean stitching !

Zander85

I have some ideas for you. I don't know what the real watch looks like but I feel like the dark grey/black material inside the watch face looks a little too light. I would personally like to see what it would look like if you darkened up that diffuse color.

I also agree with what the guys said about the stitching.

I think the watch wrist band is far too shiny. Tone down the specularity of that material.

I am sure you are saving work on the background for last but I figured you might want feed back on what you have so far so here goes. My thoughts on the background: The spot light effect is too harsh. I'd like to see more of a transition between the white and the black with the lighting. Also the silhouette of your product is very important and even the watch band needs to have definition and a visible silhouette. Because your background is so dark in spots the watch band gets lost. To fix this I might try to get a little bit of light on the edge of the watch band so it has a nice highlight around the edges. And I might work to make the environment have more of an even transition between the lights and the darks.

Hope this helps. Also this render is looking superb so far. Keep up the excellent work! ;)